Industry Skills Advisory (ISA) program – Health
CheckUP has been engaged by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training as the Industry Skills Advisor (ISA) for Health. As the ISA for health CheckUP will engage with employers, small business and industry stakeholders to provide high-quality, evidence-based industry advice and intelligence about current and emerging industry directions, regional skill needs, training solutions and employment opportunities.
This advice will:
- inform and align training and skills priorities and decision-making, including program design and investment settings
- support and connect with DESBT’s industry engagement framework priorities including the work of departmental regional officers, Regional Jobs Committees, Jobs Queensland and the Ministerial Skills Roundtable
- support the ongoing implementation of DESBT’s VET Quality Framework
- inform and contribute to national vocational education and training (VET) reform agendas and the review and development of training package product
- support employer, small business and industry's connection and engagement with VET and VET pathways and the Queensland Government’s programs, initiatives, and events.
Priority areas for the ISA will include, but not be limited to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workforce
- Rural and remote workforce
- Allied health
- First aid
- Health administration
- Pathology including point of care testing
- Sterilisation services
This is an exciting new and important role for CheckUP as it will provide opportunities for us to engage with our stakeholders to identify training and skills priorities and inform investment settings for the health industry.
To learn more about the ISA role or to receive updates from the ISA regarding latest industry skilling news and events please contact Vicky Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.