Industry Skills Advisory (ISA) program Health
CheckUP has been engaged by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training as the Industry Skills Advisor (ISA) for Health. As the ISA for health CheckUP will engage with employers, small business and industry stakeholders to provide high-quality, evidence-based industry advice and intelligence about current and emerging industry directions, regional skill needs, training solutions and employment opportunities.
This advice will:
- inform and align training and skills priorities and decision-making, including program design and investment settings
- support and connect with DESBT’s industry engagement framework priorities including the work of departmental regional officers, Regional Jobs Committees, Jobs Queensland and the Ministerial Skills Roundtable
- support the ongoing implementation of DESBT’s VET Quality Framework
- inform and contribute to national vocational education and training (VET) reform agendas and the review and development of training package product
- support employer, small business and industry's connection and engagement with VET and VET pathways and the Queensland Government’s programs, initiatives, and events.
Priority areas for the ISA will include, but not be limited to:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health workforce
- Rural and remote workforce
- Allied health
- First aid
- Health administration
- Pathology including point of care testing
- Sterilisation services
This is an exciting new and important role for CheckUP as it will provide opportunities for us to engage with our stakeholders to identify training and skills priorities and inform investment settings for the health industry.
The October 2021 CheckUP released its Health Workforce Skills and Development Report 2021-22. This report provides an overview of trends in the Health Industry through analysis of industry intelligence and workforce and training data. Through identifying priority areas for workforce skills and development, the report is intended to be used by government and industry as a resource to inform workforce development and skills investment in the health industry. Download the report here.
To learn more about the ISA role or to receive updates from the ISA regarding latest industry skilling news and events please contact Vicky Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This report was prepared by CheckUP and was informed by industry consultations undertaken through the Industry Skills Advisor for Health program. During the production of this report, the health industry workforce was facing significant impacts as a...