Gateway to Industry Schools Program (GISP) Health
The Gateway to Industry Schools Program (GISP) - Health is a program being delivered by CheckUP in partnership with Queensland’s Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT). The program aims to develop school students' knowledge and understanding of the varied roles available in the health workforce and improve their access to learning and experiential opportunities in Queensland's growing health sector.
CheckUP engages a wide network of schools, training providers, tertiary education institutions and health service providers to -
- Provide experiential learning opportunities for students through demonstrations, workplace trials and work sampling projects with health industry employers.
- Provide professional development and learning opportunities for teachers involved in health education and related programs.
- Create vocational education and training (VET) opportunities for high school students with an interest in a future healthcare career.
- Prepare students for and define pathways to further education and employment in health, with an aim to meet local workforce demands.
Signing of an MoU between CheckUP and Bentley Park College.
You can also read about the Health GISP project on the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training Website.
For any further information contact our team. Staff contact details and the regional areas they cover are listed below.
Metro South and Gold Coast regions
Metro North and Sunshine Coast regions
Wide Bay, Central Queensland and Central West Queensland regions
Mackay, Townsville and North West Queensland
Cairns and Far North Queensland
South West Queensland, Ipswich and Toowoomba regions
* Please note: The Regional Coordinators split their time between CheckUP's Outreach team and Gateway team.
Click the links below to view our newsletters.
CheckUP would like to invite all Queensland High Schools to attend the 2022 Health Gateway to Industry Schools Program forum, at Rydges South Brisbane, on Friday 14 October 2022. The Health Gateway to Industry Schools Program is funded by the Department...